Vermont

Friday, May 15, 2015
From Maine we headed to Vermont, but the more northwest we went, the more leaves were past their peak and starting to fall.  We drove through the White Mountains, and they were pretty, but I can imagine how amazing they would have been at their peak.  There are so many little farms and factories in Vermont, and I was excited to hit up a few tours, and sample some food.  




 We started our first tour at the Cabot cheese factory and bought lots of cheese to bring home too.

 We stayed in the cutest Nordic cabin outside of Montpelier.   The owner left us little snacks for breakfast, and there was hot cocoa to make and candles.  It was perfect for a rainy night.  There was a little makeshift kitchen, and a futon bed inside.  I loved all of the little details.  I want to build one for myself.






 Montpelier is the smallest state capitol.



 Took at tour at Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream.  These are some of the first models of ice cream scoops from around the world.  Kind of interesting.





I'm all about apple cider and donuts.  We also bought some apple butter.


 Stowe, Vermont is a cute ski town, and I always see it featured in my travel magazines.  It was off season, so it was quiet around town, but cute.




I love covered bridges!


 I love The Sound of Music, and have heard a lot about the Trapp Family Lodge, so it was fun to see.





We stopped in Sharon, Vermont to see the birthplace of Joseph Smith.  We learned a little history and walked around the grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design