Never a Dull Moment....

Friday, March 22, 2013
I'm always busy with Hazel and Hattie around.  Hattie is just hilarious.  She is 20 months old now, and I can't believe how verbal she is.  At her 18 month old appointment the doctor was asking if she could put 2 words together to make a phrase, uh yeah try 5 word phrases.  She LOVES to talk and sing.  Hazel was really verbal too when she was young, but I think having an older sibling helps.  She says the cutest little phrases.  As I was just writing this Hattie came up to me and pushed her sleeves up and said, "Tickle arm Mama."  In the morning Hattie usually asks, "Where's Daddy?"  Today I told her at work.  Then she asked, "Where's Hazel?"  When I told her Hazel had gone to work with Daddy she started to cry.  She usually cries when Hazel goes to Preschool too.  

Hattie can open the fridge by herself, which usually means trouble.  One time in the night she woke up and wanted her sippy cup of milk and I didn't want to get up.  A few minutes later I saw a light coming from the kitchen.  When I got up to see, Hattie had gotten out her sippy cup on her own and left the fridge wide open.    

One day Hazel and and Hattie had taken off the couch cushions and were jumping on them and Brendan came home and caught them.  He got mad at them and Hattie came running into me yelling, "Daddy's mean! Daddy's mean!" over and over again.  Then she went back to Hazel who was crying and said, "He's mean Hazel" as if she was trying to comfort or understand her.  Brendan and I couldn't help but laugh.   

 Hattie started climbing out of her crib about 2 months ago.  I used to lay her down in the crib with her pacifier and she would go right to sleep.  I then started just putting her in the room and she would pull out all the toys and books until she fell asleep.  One day I found her on the ground, and another day she had fallen asleep on the chair.  Now she usually just climbs into Hazel's bed and puts herself to sleep.

Hazel started going to a co-op preschool in January with some kids in our ward, and she loves it.  She loves to play school at home with Hattie too.  They even pack up their lunches with fake food. 


One day when the weather was nice we took a walk around the corner to JDawgs and Spoon It Up with Aunt Breeze.  Hattie loves "Ice keem"

 They love playing princesses together.  Hattie dances around and sings, "I'm a princess" and twirls around.

Hattie kept saying she had to go potty and would have me take her into the bathroom, so I decided to get out the potty chair for her if she wanted to sit on it.  I don't really want to potty train her right now though.  She did go in it once, but usually she just sits with her clothes on and then takes toilet paper and acts like she's wiping herself and throws it in the toilet.  The first day I got it out she sat down on it and said, "Weave me awone" (leave me alone).  That's what Hazel always says when she has to go to the bathroom, so of course Hattie was copying her.  Today I gave the girls a bath and Hazel didn't want to get out yet, so I got Hattie out and dressed her.  I went back into the bathroom and was curling my eyelashes for a minute and when I looked back Hattie was back in the tub fully dressed.  I was about to get mad and then I just looked at her and laughed.  She was a little confused at what she had just done.  I let her sit there for a minute and then she started crying and wanted out.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously. We need to hang out more. I miss YOU and I miss your cute girls. Sawyer asks about Hazel every time we are near BYU (he totally knows where you live) and I'm sure Sienna would love to crawl behind the big kids playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hattie is sooo adorable. i really miss you guys in our ward. whenever i get bored in sunday school or sacrament, i just entertain myself by watching all the cute babies. hattie was definitley one of my favorite babies to watch. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING. I was reading it tonight and laughing at what Hattie does. I love those two little girls. I miss your family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design