Hazel's First Day of Kindergarten

Tuesday, April 28, 2015
 Hazel started school in August at the school that I used to teach at before I had kids.  In fact I had her on the last day of school while I was teaching.  Unfortunately, a couple days before school started, Hazel fell off her bunk bed and her teeth cut her bottom lip.  Her whole right side of her face was swollen and her chin had a bump on it.  The doctor said to only eat soft foods for a week.  She could barely smile for these photos.  

On the first day of school I sent Hazel with some applesauce as her snack because the school snack was pretzels and crackers, which she couldn't eat.  She spilled the applesauce all over her backpack, so the next day I sent her with a banana.  I got a call later in the day from the school to see if I could come over and hep calm Hazel down.  I guess some kid in the class was allergic to bananas (who is allergic to bananas?) and the teacher asked Hazel to go out into the hall to eat her snack.  Hazel thought she was in trouble and started crying and the teacher couldn't calm her down.  By the time I got to the school she was fine.  The teacher apologized and said she shouldn't have sent her outside.

We haven't had any other incidents like that, and Hazel loves school and her teacher.  She has made lots of friends.  



This is Hazel a few weeks later on school picture day without a swollen face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design