Pioneer Day

Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Pioneer Day is a state holiday in Utah, and we had never actually been to the Days of '47 parade in Salt Lake until this year.  Since Whitney is living in Salt Lake temporarily for her job, she has an apartment all to herself downtown. We spent the night at her place on Friday, which made it easier for us to make it to the parade without getting up super early.  We just walked a couple blocks.  After the parade, we went to Liberty Park where they had a festival going on and also the rides.  I was super excited to go on the swings because they go pretty high, but when I got up in the air all I wanted to do was put my head down.  I was getting so dizzy watching everything on the ground, and it wasn't even enjoyable.  I was worried I was going to be sick.  I can definitely tell I'm getting old I guess when I don't enjoy rides.

Unfortunately Whitney didn't have the day off of work, so after the park we headed back to Whit's place and took naps and then met up with Whit and her boyfriend for dinner.  After dinner we all went back to Liberty Park and watched the fireworks.  It was CRAZY!   There were so many people and lots of interesting people.  It was not really a family friendly event.  Brendan and I went years ago when we were first married, but it wasn't like this.  The next day we heard on the news there had been a stabbing and an attempted kidnapping that night.  I don't think we will go back to that event.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design